New Haven, Ct – Phillips Exeter Academy was founded in 1781 by Dr. John Phillips, a graduate of Harvard and resident of Exeter. Exeter continues to affirm the intent of John Phillips to link goodness with knowledge, developing the consciences and training the minds of students so that they may usefully serve society. It is 670-acre campus with 130 buildings, including science center, observatory, music building, two hockey rinks, and more. Within the 670 ache campus is Philips Hall, which is undergoing restoration and renovations. Grand Light has been selected to preform the restoration on the historic luminaries which will remain apart of the buildings history when the project is completed.
This project includes a total of 12 historic fixtures. There are 5 exterior fixtures and 7 interior fixtures. All of these fixtures will be cleaned and the original finishes will be conserved. All of the fixtures will receive and repairs to mechanical defects and will be rewired to UL standards utilizing modern lamp technologies. Below are the pictures of the fixtures as they were prior being delivered to the Grand Light Facility where the are currently being restored.
Pictured is fixture type C1.