Center Church on the Green

Project Info

Job Site New Haven, CT

Project Description

The church was organized on August 23, 1639, by the same Puritans who founded the New Haven Colony as a theocratic “New Jerusalem.” The present Meeting House building, built during the War of 1812 (1812-1814), and modeled by famous New Haven architect Ithiel Town, is the fourth meeting house of the congregation. The edifice was built over the colony’s ancient burial grounds on the Green, and thus the basement with numerous burial stones is referred to as the Crypt.

The church, which has been significantly remodeled over the years, seats over 600, and includes a number of distinguished architectural details.

Grand Light is restored the large Waterford crystal and pewter chandelier located in the sanctuary of the church.

https://www.high-endrolex.com/13