Dartmouth College’s Sanborn Library houses the school´s English Department, hosts afternoon tea for students and faculty, and is a hot campus study spot. Construction of the library was completed in 1929. The Sanborn House Library features ornate woodwork, plush leather chairs and books lining the walls, floor to ceiling, on two levels. It is named for Professor Edwin Sanborn, who taught for almost 50 years in the Department of English.
Grand Light was selected to restore the original chandeliers and wall sconces that are on the second floor of the library. They are all made of wood and are covered with ornate resin filigrees. Many of the original filigree details are broken and missing and Grand Light artisans replicated each and every piece, restoring these fixtures original luster.
For specific modifications per fixture type, click the appropriate image below: