Greenfield Church

Historic Chandeliers, Wall Sconces, & Pendant Lighting Fixtures Restoration

Project Info

Job Site Fairfield, Connecticut

Project Description

In the Town of Fairfield, 1725, fifty-five families petitioned the General Assembly in Hartford for permission to establish a new church and on October 14, 1725, the Secretary of State signed a proclamation establishing the new church. However, the parish did not obtain its first true minister until John Goodsell was ordained on May 18, 1726. Thus, we celebrated our 275th anniversary in both 2000 and 2001.

Greenfield Hill residents assembled in a tiny building in 1725 for their first worship as the “Northwest Parish” which had recently been permitted to separate from the First Church of Fairfield. There were 13 men. One year later, 15 women were added, and by the end of 1726, there were 70 members. They made provisions for a school one week later, and in 1727 erected their first meeting house.

Grand Light is restoring the historic chandeliers, wall sconces, and pendant lighting fixtures manufactured by Ward Hendrickson & Co and featured in a Greenfield Church renovation project.

https://www.high-endrolex.com/13