John Winthrop House, located on the banks of the Charles River, is one of twelve undergraduate residential Houses at Harvard University. The House derives its name from two notable men named John Winthrop who shared both name and lineage. Winthrop House consists of two historical buildings, Standish Hall and Gore Hall, both large four-story U-shaped structures connected by the Yellowwood Courtyard. Both Standish and Gore Hall were originally built in 1912 and share many architectural Neo-Georgian attributes.
Beginning in May 2016, Winthrop House became one of twelve undergraduate Houses committed to being fully restored following Harvard’s ambitious, multiple decade restoration program.
“The program celebrates outstanding historic preservation projects and the commitment of the individuals that make Cambridge a more attractive and desirable place in which to live and work.”
“Projects were evaluated on the ability of the project team to overcome challenges, contribution to the industry and community, safety and construction and design quality.”
For specific modifications per fixture type, click the appropriate image below:
Project Case Study
To review the Project Case Study, click the image below: