The Kings Theatre, formerly Loew’s Kings Theatre, is a live performance venue in the Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City. Opened by Loew’s Theatres as a movie palace in 1929 and closed in 1977. The theater reopened to the public on January 23, 2015 as a performing arts venue. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 22, 2012.
The restoration team from Grand Light traveled to King’s Theatre in Brooklyn, New York City to modify numerous large pendant chandeliers on display in the Entry and Lobby.
Working in conjunction with theater personnel, our on-site team removed and transported one of each fixture type to be modified and tested as a mock-up at Grand Light’s Lighting Restoration Factory.
Once mock-up were approved, skilled artisans returned on-site to implement approved modifications including adding protective sheath to the existing wiring harnesses, correcting structural deficiencies, and replicating historic glass panels in a new durable D9 dual-frosted acrylic.
All modifications were implemented on-site in just under three days during a holiday recess as not to disrupt the theatre’s scheduled performances and operation.