Built in 1916 by Clarence Wait of the firm Aschauer and Waggoner of Decatur, Illinois, the Lincoln Square Theatre was highly regarded at its time and has continued to be for almost a century. The theatre has hosted many performances including opera, film, vaudeville, concerts and more.
After years of studies and red-tape formalities, the decision to restore the historical theatre finally went through. With generous grants from the state government, local business and the community, the Lincoln Square Theatre would be saved.
To reinstate and preserve a building of such historical significance, it was important that the management at the Lincoln Square Theatre worked with the right people, and Grand Light’s lighting restoration specialists were among them. We were called to repair three eight-light pendants. The team from Grand Light worked to artfully refurbish the pieces to look consistent with complementary fixtures on the site.