Originally constructed in 1856, the New London City Hall once sat amidst rows of residential buildings, but was remodeled in the classical Beaux-Arts exterior in 1912 by New London architect James Sweeney to have a more appealing presence among the flourishing commercial district of the early 20th century.
Grand Light is restoring historic large cast iron exterior lighting standards and a cast iron street clock located in along the building facade. The clock and standards will undergo several different restoration techniques including replication of cast elements, repair of all mechanical defects, fabrication of new historical accurate glass globes, media blasting, and the refinishing of all metal components along with multiple applications of a UV resistance protective lacquer top coat for a Verdi antique bronze finish. All fixtures will be rewired in accordance with UL standards.
For specific modifcations per fixture type, click the appropriate image below:
|Type A||Type B|
Project Case Study
To review the Project Case Study, click the image below: