The Oregon Supreme Court Building, home to the Oregon Supreme Court, Oregon Court of Appeals, and the Oregon Judicial Department, is located in the state capitol complex in Salem and Oregon’s oldest state government building. The three story structure was constructed in 1914 and currently houses the state’s law library, and once housed the Oregon State Library. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2020.
The Oregon Judicial Department began building renovations in November 2019 to preserve and protect the historic structure and improve safety, function, efficiency, and access for years to come. The project includes earthquake reinforcement with base isolation technology and upgrades to heating, cooling, electrical, technology, plumbing systems, and accessibility to meet modern standards.