Phillips Exeter Academy was founded in 1781 by Dr. John Phillips, a graduate of Harvard and resident of Exeter. Exeter continues to affirm the intent of John Phillips to link goodness with knowledge, developing the consciences and training the minds of students so that they may usefully serve society. It is 670-acre campus with 130 buildings, including science center, observatory, music building, two hockey rinks, and more. Within the 670 ache campus is Phillips Hall, which is undergoing restoration and renovations. Grand Light was selected to perform the restoration of the historic luminaries which will remain apart of the buildings history.
This project included a total of twelve historic fixtures. There are five exterior fixtures and seven interior fixtures. All of these fixtures were cleaned and the original finishes were conserved. All of the fixtures received repairs to mechanical defects and were rewired to UL standards utilizing modern lamp technologies.
“Phillips Hall is a wonderful example of how we, as architects, can bring the absolute highest systems thinking to bear as a way of preserving architectural and cultural heritage for generations to come.”
For specific modifications per fixture type, click the appropriate image below:
|Type C1||Type P3||Type P4|
|Type S4||Type S5|