The current Unitarian Church of All Souls, the congregation’s fourth sanctuary and located on Lexington Avenue on the East Side of the borough of Manhattan in New York City, was designed by Herbert Upjohn and built in 1932 in a Neo-colonial style with a Regency-influenced brick base.
Grand Light restored numerous historic chandeliers from the Manhattan church. The Grand Light team worked tirelessly to restore the nickel and brass fixtures. The chandeliers were disassembled, media walnut blasted, ultrasonically and hand cleaned. Multiple application coats of UV resistant protective coating of clear metal wax was applied.
Grand Light artisans sorted, counted, categorized, and cleaned over 1,000 crystal components. Of these components, 14% of the total amount were missing or damaged beyond repair and required custom replacement crystal.
For specific modifications per fixture type, click the appropriate image below:
Project Case Study
To review the Project Case Study, please click the image below: