The Divinity School at Yale University was built in 1932 by the New York based architecture firm of Delano and Aldrich. The campus includes the Marquand Chapel, the Day Missions Library, the Trowbridge Reference Library, a refectory, common room, dormitories, common room and class rooms. The buildings were constructed with handmade water stuck brick, and designed in a sophisticated Georgian Colonial style, which Delano and Aldrich were renowned for.
Grand Light was selected to design and manufacture several custom lighting fixtures for Yale Divinity School. This project included the replication of existing historic iron and brass chandeliers, various custom multi-tiered crystal chandeliers, a massive brass and crystal chandelier, and numerous custom handcrafted pendant lights.
“As a tribute to ongoing discernment and determination by faculty and administration of the Yale Divinity School (YDS) regarding the preservation of its Sterling Quadrangle”
Project Case Study
To review the Project Case Study, click the image below: