Sterling Chemistry Building, the largest Gothic building in Yale University’s Science Hill, was designed by famed American architect William Adams Delano and constructed in 1923. The building was constructed thanks to a generous donation by John William Sterling and became the last laboratory built before World War II.
Grand Light restored a large historic bronze and iron pendant light located in the lobby of building. The restoration of this historic fixture included cleaning all dust and surface contaminants before an application of museum grade wax. A missing glass panel at the bottom of the fixture was replaced with a custom fabricated, historically similar glass panel. The pendant light was rewired in accordance to UL standards for dry locations.
In addition to the restoration of this historic pendant light, Grand Light replicated several cast bronze and hand forged iron pendant lights for the Sterling Chemistry Building.