Grand Light is restoring numerous historic exterior lanterns and wall lights from Connecticut College's ambitious multi-year renovation of existing campus facilities to support academic, athletic and residential needs of the College community.
Grand Light is manufacturing several massive custom chandeliers & pendant lights for Yale Divinity School, located in New Haven, Connecticut.
Grand Light is restoring large cast iron exterior lighting standards and a cast iron street clock from the New London City Hall. Metal components will be media blasted, primed, and painted along with multiple applications of a UV resistance protective lacquer top coat for a Verdi antique bronze finish.
Grand Light is restoring large bronze pendant light and ceiling mount historic interior lighting fixtures from Yale University's Sterling Memorial Library Manuscripts & Archives located in New Haven, Connecticut.
Grand Light restored interior pendants, ceiling lights, and wall sconces. Each fixture was ultrasonically and hand cleaned to remove excess corrosion and multiple applications of museum grade, UV resistant clear metal wax was applied to conserve the existing finish.
Grand Light was selected to refinish the massive courthouse doors. These giant cast and plate doors are over 8 ft tall and are estimated to weigh well over 800 pounds each. The restoration of these doors included repairing and filling holes, removing all aged finish, and an application of a new custom red rust patina.
Grand Light was selected fabricate replications of a historic wall sconce based on a 1910 photograph for the Wadsworth Atheneum. The original 1910 photograph was used to scrupulously design the details and dimensions to match the original fixture.
Grand Light was selected for design and fabricate lanterns that compliment the surroundings and remain true to the ambiance created by the existing architecture; Designed for both aesthetic appeal and for durability,
Grand Light designed and tested a custom QL induction lighting system retrofit kit for 232 historic luminaires, manufactured by Frink Electric which have a complex reflector and lens system to direct high-intensity incandescent light to the pews 100 feet below at the St Joseph's Cathedral in Hartford, CT.