Grand Light Background

Around The Factory

American Artisans At Work Preserving History

Historic Lighting From Cathedral of St. John the Baptist Removed for Lighting Restoration

Located in Paterson, New Jersey, the current Cathedral of St. John the Baptist began construction in September of 1865 on sixteen lots of land. The Cathedral was planned by the church’s thirteenth pastor, Very Rev. William McNulty and designed by prominent church architect, P. C. Kiely, in a neo-Gothic style. St. John’s was built by the volunteer labor of members of the parish and completed in July of 1870. The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist is governed by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Paterson, which oversees 109 parishes, 39 Catholic Schools, 64 Catholic Charities locations, and various ministries in the three counties of Passaic, Morris, and Sussex in northern New Jersey.

Grand Light has been selected to restore numerous historical fixtures including chandeliers, lanterns, wall sconces, stoups, and pendant lights. Lighting restoration specialist traveled to Paterson, NJ to pack and deliver these historic fixtures from the Diocese of Paterson in Clifton, New Jersey to Grand Light’s restoration and custom lighting manufacturing factory in Seymour, Connecticut.

Roman-Catholic-Diocese-of-Paterson-3

The historic chandeliers prior to packing and shipping by Grand Light restoration specialists. There is a total of twelve chandeliers that were packed for transportation.

Roman-Catholic-Diocese-of-Paterson-1

Roman-Catholic-Diocese-of-Paterson-2

Grand Light restoration specialist place each historic chandelier into a secure crate for packing back to Grand Light’s lighting restoration facility. Once in the crate, each chandelier was carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and blankets to hinder movement and prevent any damage from contact with the crate or the other chandeliers during transportation.

Roman-Catholic-Diocese-of-Paterson-5

Roman-Catholic-Diocese-of-Paterson-6

Roman-Catholic-Diocese-of-Paterson-4

Grand Light also transported numerous lanterns, wall sconces, stoups, and pendant lights to be restored our restoration facility. Each fixture was carefully packed individually prior to be loaded into Grand Light’s trailer. The work area was then vacuumed, cleaned and left in the same manner it was prior to the beginning of the historic fixtures removal.

Grand Light specializes in the restoration of historical luminaires of every scale, material, finish, and design. From professional diagrams and plans for your project to rewiring fixtures to UL standards, our specialists have proven their reputation as exceptional lighting restorers.

For more information regarding the original lighting restoration project, you may review the project homepage at Roman Catholic Diocese of Paterson.

Recent Projects:    arrow

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!